- Why should I use a professional to manage my home?
- Can I choose to disallow pets, smokers, large families, etc.?
- Do you provide me with a report of activity on my property?
- Do you only manage property in Sequim?
- How long will my property be vacant?
- Should I allow pets?
While the reasons our clients choose professional management vary, here are some of the key reasons many people elect professional management over self-management:
- We handle maintenance and emergency repairs, allowing you to sleep at night.
- We enforce collection of rents and serve the proper notices upon failure to pay.
- We understand and apply the correct federal, state, and local laws, keeping you and your investment out of trouble.
- We know the local market, have an extensive network of contacts, and have advertising resources available to us at discounted rates. This allows us to effectively market your vacant home to prospective residents to get it filled.
- After you add up the increased rent we can often command, the discounts you'll receive on advertising, and the company rate we get on repairs, you'll often make more money than if you managed the property yourself!
We comply fully with the Fair Housing Act. This means that you can not choose to disallow anyone that is a member of a protected class under the act. You can choose to disallow pets and not permit smoking in your home, but you cannot deny a service animal. If you have additional questions on the specifics of the Fair Housing Act, please see our fair housing page.
Yes, we will provide you a monthly report of rent and other income received, and maintenance, repairs, and other expenses incurred. This will be provided once per month. If you have questions regarding your statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Nope! We manage property between Gardiner and Port Angeles; including Diamond Point, Blyn, Sequim, Carlsborg, Agnew, Port Angeles East, and Port Angeles.
There is no way to predict how long a property will remain on the market, even in the best market conditions. However, Action Property Management works diligently to rent your property as quickly as possible. The most important thing to remember is that the objective is to have a quality tenant. Other property management companies can rent properties quickly if they do not have high standards for qualifying good tenants. However, bad tenants will only create more expense and other unwanted vacancy; therefore, waiting for the right tenant is worth the additional time it can take to rent your property.
Statistics show that more than half of all tenants have pets. Excluding pets from your property will substantially reduce the available number of tenants - which can prolong vacancy time! As such, Action Property Management's policy is to allow pets at all properties unless specific written instructions to the contrary are provided. You can opt to allow no pets at all, dogs only, cats only, or both. We recommend that when your property is on the market, that pets are "negotiable". This encourages prospective tenants to disclose any pets, and, avoids eliminating an excellent tenant that does care for their pet, has excellent tenant history, and owns a pet that is suitable to your property. Action Property Management qualifies ALL pets, service and support animals to validate service and support animal status, vaccination records and other important details for all prospective tenants pets and animals. Learn more at PetScreening.com.
Special note: "Service animals" and "support animals" for disabled people are NOT considered pets by Federal law, and Landlords cannot discriminate against people with a service or support animal. Additionally, Fair Housing law does NOT allow property managers to collect additional deposits of any kind for service or support animals.